As a sales Manager, you’ll combine technical knowledge with sales skills. The balance depends on the level of technical knowledge and understanding you’ll need to sell the product you’re offering and to respond to clients’ queries.
You clients will usually be technical staff from Oil & Gas, Metal & Mining, T&D, and Industrial etc.
To ensure your clients’ and your own company’s needs are met, you’ll liaise regularly with other sales personnel, and colleagues from other departments such as research and development, design, purchasing and production, and senior company managers. Your day-to-day tasks are likely to involve
• Searching for new clients who could benefit from your products in a designated region
• Travelling to visit potential clients
• Establishing new, and maintaining existing, relationships with customers
• Managing and interpreting customer requirements
• Persuading clients that a product or service will best satisfy their needs
• Calculating client quotations
• Negotiating tender and contract terms
• Negotiating and closing sales by agreeing terms and conditions
• Offering after-sales support services
• Administering client accounts
• Analyzing costs and sales
• Preparing reports for head office
• Meeting regular sales targets
• Recording and maintaining client contact data
• Coordinating sales of large projects through EPCs.
• Supporting marketing by attending trade shows, conferences and other marketing events
• Making technical presentations and demonstrating how a product will meet client needs
• Providing pre-sales technical assistance and product education
• Liaising with other members of the sales team and other technical experts
• Solving client problems
• Helping in the design of custom-made products
• Providing training and producing support material for the sales team
• Achieving assigned sales quota
“OpSys is a global company focusing on electrical, automation & software consulting solutions for complex business operations. OpSys works with global technology provider as partners to provide the best of class solutions to over come business challenges and help in increase profitability.